Monday, December 16, 2013

WOW! That's a Legit Santa!

OK.  Sooooo, I may have slightly, kinda, sorta... ruined Christmas for a few small children (while waiting in line for the Duchess to meet Santa for the first time) this past Sunday.


may have explained to my BFF Cakes and her Hubby B11 (they came to wait in line with us), about a story my other BFF Tiff, texted me the day before. Tiff asked my opinion about something her 8 year old son said to her about Christmas and Santa Claus. You see, it is his impression that she just "puts his gifts under the tree every year and eats the cookies he leaves out."

He then went on to say that he "will know this year FOR SURE if Santa is real or not because there is one specific thing he really wants and ONLY Santa knows what it is." Scary right? I have NO idea what I would say to that.  And that is exactly what I told her. We spent like an hour trying to plot via text message how to accidentally get it out of him... and then we realized:  what if it's something completely ridiculous??











I, being a new Mommy, have not yet experienced these predicaments. So, being fascinated with what my future holds, I went on to tell the WHOLE STORY to Cakes and B11 in what Cakes calls my "outside voice." Right there, while waiting in line... to see Santa... surrounded by children... diligently waiting with their adorable handwritten Christmas lists in tow.... 


I am a terrible person... Me and Cakes wanted to DIE. I just wanted to silently grab my things and my kid, get out of line, and get the hell out of that Mall. ASAP.
But, we had already waited nearly an hour and were on the Red Carpet! 


Sorry bunch of people I don't know, we are waiting this one out! 
We tried to re-assure ourselves that most of those kids weren't even listening to us... right?

So, here we are! Finally at the finish line! The Duchess is about to meet Santa Claus for the very first time! 

Let me tell you, this guy was serious about his job. I handed her to him and he placed her on his knee and asked how old she was. I responded "5 months old and (obviously) this is her first Christmas." 

And do you know what he said in true make-me-a-believer, straight-out-of-the-Miracle-on-34th-Street-Macy's-Santa fashion? He said so beautifully, "Well you know, the very first Christmas' are extra special for Santa. It's all the other Christmas' after that, that are special for the children. Merry Christmas, Emerson."  

Umm. At this point, I may cry right  now. Standing here. Talking to the Mall Santa. Then Cakes says, out loud, in her outside voice, "WOW! THAT'S A LEGIT SANTA!!" 


Ps. Duchess didn't even blink an eye. Not one tear. Not scared in the least. Very lady-like, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment