Thursday, January 9, 2014

Snowed In

Over the last 4 days my fine City of Toledo has been  in a deep freeze. It was literally a windchill of -38 on Tuesday. That is insane. It was so cold outside, that it hurt just to open the door. We have about 2 feet of snow on the ground right now, with a little more on the way for today. (Only about an inch but COME ON!) There is so much snow that there is no where for our little driveways to put it all, so getting in and out of my street is miserable. My little car just gets stuck everywhere. I cant remember a time in all my living here that its been this bad. Usually, the roads are cleared up and people are back at work the very next day - no problem. But we have been under some kind of a Snow/Ice Emergency for nearly 4 days.  And the roads today are still no better. Its an ice rink out there. Scary stuff and I have been driving in the snow for a LONG time. 

For the first time in my life I think I experienced what cabin fever feels like.  Do you know how many 80's and 90's movies one can watch while laying around doing nothing for days? I do.  I gave up and just cleaned my house like 3 times. Its spotless. I even washed the curtains... AND re-organized my closet...

Lucas County has said that this storm will raise utility costs by about 13% and cost the county 10's of millions of dollars in lost revenue. I have no idea if my boss will pay me for the full 3 days I had to be off work. 

Silver lining - it was really cool to see every little kid on my street out building snowmen and snow forts and making snow angels and enjoying what a snow like this brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment